Join us for the training to pilot the LGBTI Inclusion Index: a UNDP-led initiative
Join us for the training to pilot the LGBTI Inclusion Index: a UNDP-led initiative developed in partnership with LGBTI+ community organizations, multilateral organizations, governments, academia, and the private sector. The training will prepare participants to create a pilot version of the Index.
The LGBTI Inclusion Index aspires to measure the inclusion of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex people across five strategic areas: security and violence, health, education, civic and political participation, and economic empowerment. In doing so, the Index will rely on 51 proposed indicators, which are compatible with the target indicators of the Sustainable Development Goals.
The training consists of two parts: (1) five self-paced, pre-recorded training modules (2.5 hours total), and (2) one live session adjusted to different time zones. Participants in the live session are expected to watch the module videos first, which can be accessed through the following links:
- Module One: Introduction to the LGBTI Inclusion Index
- Module Two: How do we measure inclusion?
- Module Three: How to collect data on indicator measures
- Module Four: Turning indicators and scales into a provisional index
- Module Five: Data ethics and expanding data
The live sessions will take place on 26 January 2022 (Wednesday) 07:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada) and on 28 January 2022 (Friday), 2022 09:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada). You can check your time zone here.
If you would like to attend the 26 January session, please register here.
If you would like to attend the 28 January session, please register here.
The trainings will be carried out by economist Professor Lee Badgett, University of Massachusetts Amherst with the following agenda:
- Introduction to the LGBTI Inclusion Index (module 1)
- How we measure inclusion (module 2)
- Finding data on the index indicators (module 3)
- Turning indicators into a provisional index (module 4)
- Next steps: building a network and expanding data (module 5)
- Final live workshop: creating an index value for your country
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you at the LGBT Inclusion Index pilot training!